- User Experience (UX) / Usability
- Web design
- CSS / HTML
- Database optimisation
- iPhone / iPad / iOS
- PHP & MySQL
- Strategy and planning
- User testing
- Google analytics
- Pay Per Click (PPC) / Google Ads
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) / Digital marketing
Introduction to my Skills and Background
As an early adopter and forward thinking web strategist, I move quickly with new trends, tools and services on the web.
I provide the technical expertise for charities, startups, local government, PR & marketing companies, design agencies & global brands on a wide range of digital projects. I specialise in WordPress, which I’ve been working with for over 10 years. I can hitting the ground running, either working onsite or remote, and deliver back a robust, secure solution.
I’ve built many WordPress websites from scratch, and installed 1000’s of plugins, along with providing web hosting, back-up and security solutions to businesses across the UK. Think of me as your long-term technical partner, which is the relationship I have with many existing clients.
I’m mindful that I can offer the whole solution to clients. I do this by creating trust, being a trusted colleague of your network, and sharing ideas freely, which all add value to many of my successful long-term relationships with clients.
List of most popular services
– Digital Strategy & Consultancy
– Branding Design
– IA, UX & Usability
– Web Design
– Full Stack Web Development
– WordPress Design and Development
– Magento Design and Development
– PSD to Magento or WordPress theming
– Responsive Design
– Website Security
– Website Performance
– Website Promotion and SEO
– Ongoing Website Support
– Email Marketing
– Website Training
– Hosting and domain names
– Third Party Software Integration
Complete Website Delivery – since 2004
– I’ve provided International businesses, charities, local councils, marketing agencies, entrepreneurs and start-ups with useful websites and online applications.
– News UK / Ebay / Times Online / East Hampshire Council / Unilever / Audi / BT / Business Week / Malmaison / Expedia Europe / Tower Hamlets Council / Southern Railways / Hewlett Packard / Compaq / Castrol / The National Grid / Jardine Lloyd Thompson / Reed Elsevier / LexisNexis / Travelbag
Achievements to date
– Worked in the web and new media industry since 1998
– Awarded Freelancer of the Year Award (Digital/New Media)
– Active member of Brighton New Media Comumunity
– Member of ‘The Guild of Accessible Web Designers’ (GAWDS)
– Nominated for ‘Sussex Business Award’ (Small Business) 2008
– Actively demonstrates new methods of web technologies in Blog, Articles and workshops
– Attends a number of International and National Web related Conferences
– Helps organise local workshops and networking events in Brighton and surrounding areas
– Member of a community of small business and freelancer network in Brighton
– Articles published in a number of web and print publications including Creative Match, FreelanceUK, AllAboutiPhone, and .net mag
Why work with Jim Callender?
– Web standards – Future-proofing the internet of tomorrow – Throughout our web production we continously make sure the quality is kept high by ongoing software testing using these standards.
– User Centered Designs – Your sites visitors will make up their mind in less than 10 seconds if they can use your site. Don’t make the mistake of not considering the ‘user experience’ of your web site or application.
– Search Engine Love – 80% of new visitors find web sites from a Google search. That’s why we make sure the code we produce is optimised for search engines, as well as for human visitors.
– Keeping you in the picture – We work in an open and transparent way, keeping you informed throughout a web project so you will always know the status of your project.
– Lasting Relationship – We love to give ongoing support for web products so they consistently give great experiences for your customers. Always looking ahead.
If you have a question, enquiry, or would like to discuss your specific needs for your new or existing web project -> Contact Jim Callender // Office: 01273 806 672 // Mobile: 07888 701 588 // E-mail: email@example.com // Web: jayonline.co.uk
Contact Jim Callender
* Indicates required fields