Meeting notes for 4th October
Posted by Paul Silver
On the 4th October 2023 we had our meeting in the Battle of Trafalgar beer garden. 12 people attended.
Here are some of the topics we talked about:
- Updating iOS apps
- The different cultures of tip giving
- A Canadian town with a cat as mayor
- The Sam Bankman-Fried trial
- The problems that come up in projects with multiple freelancers working on them
- Trump and the rise of bizarre politics
- Australian bushfires have started early
- A quick cycling holiday in France
- CV review thoughts
- Sunak doesn’t seem to have a plan as Prime Minister
- What was politics like when it wasn’t stupid?
- Has social media ruined politics by causing click bait policies?
- Bad lecturers
- Failing in education/academia and bouncing back
- Split brains and alien hand syndrome
- Proof in psychology and the use of MRI machines
- The MG electric car that wouldn’t stop – https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/motors/11320530/electric-vehicle-car-brakes-malfunction-glasgow-police/
- Aunty Donna (Australian comedy group)
- Balancing the amount of edginess in comedy to your audience