Notes from 7th June 2023
Posted by Paul Silver
We had our meeting in the Battle of Trafalgar pub. Seventeen people attended. Haze kindly hosted as Paul couldn’t make it. These are his notes on what was talked about:
- Starting work on an undocumented codebase
- Spending days trying to get one thing to work
- Supporting elderly parents
- Apple’s insanely expensive VR headset!
- Which laptop should I buy?
- Going freelance
- Writing project specifications to quote correctly
- Asking for deposits from new clients
- Covid damages synapses
- Having a £100,000 student loan?!
- Life in Hong Kong
- Searching for work on LinkedIn
- Work rates. How much to charge?
- Working in Europe. We’re not European any more
- Handling tax with a limited company
- Should I be VAT registered?
- Do you have air conditioning?
- Mugged by a seagull
- Kangaroo boxing