Meeting notes for 3rd January
Posted by Paul Silver
On 3rd January 2024 we held our freelancers meet up in the Battle of Trafalgar, eight people attended, including someone who hadn’t come along for almost a decade.
- The Farm Christmas week special
- Xbox setup hassles
- Keeping tech for as long as possible
- WordPress development help
- Scope creep
- “My business consultant says kindly pay me some money or fuck off”
- Still having access to projects you don’t work on any more… or indeed ever worked on
- Outplacement consultancy
- Chasing money
- Do you trust the person doing your tax return calculations?
- Joint projects
- Will the Terminator films start mentioning LLMs?
- 3D graphics programming
- Education for work vs for interest in the subject
- Coworking vs working from a nice home
- Thinking sensibly about money
- The flow of work and referrals
- Total Daily Energy Expenditure stats
- Being interested in the detail rather than doing the basics
- Mt Gox payouts are (finally) happening
- The Bitcoin fear and greed index